In most cases, the dog bite rule followed in each state is recognized as one of two theories: strict liability or the “one bite” rule. These two concepts are very different.
Topics covered in this whitepaper include:
- The “One Bite” Rule
- The Owner’s Knowledge of the Propensity To Bite
- Strict Liability Dog Bite Laws
- How Strict Liability for Dog Bites Works
- Dog Bite Laws in Missouri and Arkansas
- Missouri’s Comparative Negligence Doctrine
He is licensed to practice law in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas, eastern Arkansas, western Arkansas, and western Missouri. He was Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Crawford County, Kansas from 1987-1989.
Latest posts by Wes Cottrell (see all)
- Guide to Missouri Workers’ Compensation Claims - April 9, 2020
- What is the Missouri Workers’ Compensation Statute of Limitations? - February 26, 2020
- Missouri Workers’ Compensation Chart: Calculating Benefits - February 26, 2020