The actual damages that can be recovered differs from one case to the next, depending on the circumstances and the laws of each state. However, there are types of damages that are typically available in a personal injury case, which include: compensatory damages, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, wrongful death, loss of consortium or companionship and punitive damages.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Economic vs. Non-Economic Damages
- Types of Damages available in personal injury cases
- Shared Fault in Missouri
- Missouri’s does not cap personal injury damages
He is licensed to practice law in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas, eastern Arkansas, western Arkansas, and western Missouri. He was Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Crawford County, Kansas from 1987-1989.
Latest posts by Wes Cottrell (see all)
- When to Hire a Workers’ Comp Lawyer - September 10, 2019
- Your Joplin Disability Lawyer Can Assist with Your Hearing - April 4, 2019
- Can a Personal Injury Law Firm Help Me Settle My Claims? - April 2, 2019