The actual damages that can be recovered differs from one case to the next, depending on the circumstances and the laws of each state. However, there are types of damages that are typically available in a personal injury case, which include: compensatory damages, lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress, wrongful death, loss of consortium or companionship and punitive damages.
Topics covered in this report include:
- Economic vs. Non-Economic Damages
- Types of Damages available in personal injury cases
- Shared Fault in Missouri
- Missouri’s does not cap personal injury damages
He is licensed to practice law in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas, eastern Arkansas, western Arkansas, and western Missouri. He was Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Crawford County, Kansas from 1987-1989.
Latest posts by Wes Cottrell (see all)
- How to Get Your Missouri Highway Patrol Crash Report - November 4, 2019
- How to Get Your Arkansas State Police Accident Report - November 4, 2019
- Social Security Overpayment Statute of Limitations - October 2, 2019