The term “wrongful death” refers to the circumstance where a person dies as a result of the negligence or misconduct of another. The dependents or beneficiaries of the person who was killed may be entitled to monetary compensation for that person’s death. Each state has its own laws that govern wrongful death claims.
Topics covered in this report include:
- What is Wrongful Death?
- The Definition of Wrongful Death in Missouri and Arkansas
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit?
- Recovery in wrongful death cases
- Damages in a Missouri Wrongful Death Case
- Damages in Arkansas Wrongful Death Claims
- There are important deadlines for filing wrongful death claims