The term “wrongful death” refers to the circumstance where a person dies as a result of the negligence or misconduct of another. The dependents or beneficiaries of the person who was killed may be entitled to monetary compensation for that person’s death. Each state has its own laws that govern wrongful death claims.
Topics covered in this report include:
- What is Wrongful Death?
- The Definition of Wrongful Death in Missouri and Arkansas
- Who can file a wrongful death lawsuit?
- Recovery in wrongful death cases
- Damages in a Missouri Wrongful Death Case
- Damages in Arkansas Wrongful Death Claims
- There are important deadlines for filing wrongful death claims
He is licensed to practice law in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas, eastern Arkansas, western Arkansas, and western Missouri. He was Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Crawford County, Kansas from 1987-1989.
Latest posts by Wes Cottrell (see all)
- How to Get Your Missouri Highway Patrol Crash Report - November 4, 2019
- How to Get Your Arkansas State Police Accident Report - November 4, 2019
- Social Security Overpayment Statute of Limitations - October 2, 2019