Serious injuries generally result in physical injury, emotional injury and economic loss. Catastrophic injuries are unique because they result in more serious injury, and often permanent disabilities. Catastrophic injuries tend to have a more substantial impact on the victim and his or her family.
Topics covered in this report include:
- What is a catastrophic injury?
- Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
- Causes of Catastrophic Injuries
- Compensation for Catastrophic Injuries
- The importance of documenting residual injuries
- Recovery from catastrophic injuries can be very difficult