Missouri State Highway Patrol Crash Report

According to the Missouri Department of Transportation, there were 127,485 traffic crashes in 2022 alone.

The same year, 964 people died in those crashes.

Many residents of Missouri are involved in car accidents each year. The process that comes after a car accident or injury can be very confusing.

Fortunately, you can get a copy of your Missouri Highway Patrol crash report with all the information from your crash.

You can use this report to file a claim against the at-fault driver and report it to your insurance company.

If you need help getting your Missouri State Patrol accident report or think you have an injury claim, please don’t hesitate to call our Missouri personal injury lawyers at (800) 364-8305 or contact us online to get in touch with our office.

Our Missouri car accident lawyers offer free consultations.

Why Do You Need Your Missouri Crash Report?

A Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report is the official report of a car accident.

It is important to have this report because it can help determine the following:

  • Your settlement in the event of a personal injury case,
  • How your insurance will handle the claim, and
  • The treatment of your injuries.

Keep copies of your report in a safe place. Bring them to all meetings with your lawyer, insurance agents, and other people on your team during this process.

How Long Before the Missouri Highway Accident Report Will Be Available?

Police reports are available 7-10 days after the crash.

At the scene of the accident, the officer will give you an accident card with the report number that you will need when you go to get your accident report.

We’ll take care of everything else.

Submit the short form below to schedule a consultation.

How To Get Your Missouri Accident Report

Obtaining your MO Highway Patrol accident report is an easy process.

There are three ways you can obtain a copy of your MO crash report.

Read below about the steps that will be required when looking for a copy of the MO accident report.

1. In-Person

Visit a Missouri State Highway Patrol headquarters office during business hours and ask for a copy of your accident report.

Make sure to bring a form of personal identification, such as a valid driver’s license. After filling out the necessary paperwork, leave your contact information with the police department.

They will contact you when your report is ready to be picked up. If you do not know where the nearest office is, you can find a list of locations on the official website.

2. Online

Go to the Missouri State Highway Patrol website to submit your online request for your Missouri accident report. This is the fastest and easiest way to get your report.

3. By Mail

Mail a request for your report to the troop headquarters office in the area where the accident occurred.

The accident report request form includes a list of all troop headquarters and addresses in Missouri.

Payment must be made by check or money order to DPS Missouri State Highway Patrol. Please note that cash payments are not accepted and will be returned.

Keep in mind that copies of the report are not free. The cost of the report will depend on the city or county that you get it from.

Contact a Skilled Missouri Car Accident Lawyer Today

Missouri accident reports are invaluable to personal injury cases.

They include important information that can determine who was at fault for the accident, as well as damages and other details.

If you have questions about obtaining your police report or want to file a personal injury claim against another driver, you need an experienced Missouri car accident lawyer on your side.

We can guide you through the process and ensure your rights are protected. We have extensive experience helping clients get their Missouri crash reports and help them file car accident claims.

For more information or to get started on your case, contact Cottrell Law Office online today or call (800) 364-8305.

Author Photo

Wesley Cottrell

Wes Cottrell earned his B.A. from Pittsburg State University in 1981 and his J.D. from the Washburn University School of Law in Topeka, Kansas in 1985. He was admitted to practice law in Kansas in 1986, in Missouri in 1987, in Arkansas in 1989, and Oklahoma in 1993. He is licensed to practice law in the United States District Court for the District of Kansas, eastern Arkansas, western Arkansas, and western Missouri. He was Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in Crawford County, Kansas from 1987-1989.