If an employee suffers an injury at work, which results in his or her death, the employee’s surviving family members may be entitled to certain Workers Compensation benefits. Every state has its own Workers Compensation laws that govern the type and amount of benefits that are available, including Arkansas. Those rules also establish who is entitled to survivor benefits after the death of an eligible employee.
Topics covered in this report include:
- When are Workers Compensation Survivor Benefits Available in Arkansas?
- Who is entitled to survivor benefits in Arkansas?
- What types of survivor benefits are available?
- Who is responsible for paying the benefits?
- How long do survivor benefits last?
- How to make a claim for survivor benefits
- Can survivor benefits be denied or reduced?